The Basilica of St. Michael the Archangel in Loretto Founded in 1799 by Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin. A donation from Mr. & Mrs. Charles M. Schwab, the present church was constructed during the years 1900-1901. The church was honored with the title of Minor Basilica by His Holiness Pope John Paul II in 1996.
A parish of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown Very Rev. Father John David Byrnes, JCL, JV, Rector Deacon Richard T. Golden 321 St. Mary Street PO Box 10 Loretto, PA 15940 Phone: 814-472-8551
Click on the buttons below for the most updated information in our diocese: